So much, but so little to write about

Over my journey to see some amazing natural canvases, I am learning that there will be down times and times I need to focus on getting better without the reward, and to enjoy my moments painting my own masterpiece. That is what the end of the summer is!

As you saw in my last post, I completed Techumseh on July 19th, but I am writing this post over a month later (September 2nd to be exact). But why, you may ask? I had an amazing time with family, and it is my first time back to the mountain!

But what did I do with that time? I painted my own masterpiece, creating more memories with family and friends!

Right after returning from Tecumseh, we took off for a family reunion in Mexico! In Mexico, we saw some of the most amazing things! We spent time walking the Tulum Ruins, swimming in Underground Cenotes, visiting Chichen Itza (a Seven Wonder of the New World), and snorkeling the great reefs of Cozumel!


From there, we took off to enjoy time with the kids in D.C., where we spent hours and hours walking among this nation's greatest memories! On Day 1, we walked the National Monuments, where I got to feel real emotions looking at our great leaders and learning about some of this country's biggest sacrifices. On Day 2, we saw this wonderful nation's Capitol, the National Archives, and some of the amazing museums D.C. has to offer! On Day 3, we got to learn even more as we spent time embedded deep in my partner's interest at the Holocaust Museum and then at the most interactive International Spy Museum. On Day 4, we got to see this nation's Supreme Court, the amazing African American History Museum. This day was spent with special time with my partner, laying on the Washington Monument's grass, watching the sunset over the Lincoln Memorial, and then chasing each other around on scooters as we saw all the monuments at night! The next day, we drove home, but before we did, we headed to the top of the GW!


Finally, this was all topped off with a friend's beer potluck and another family reunion in the Cape!


I say this not as an excuse, but as an expression of gratitude that my life is surrounded by people every day that bring me joy.

Onwards and Upwards,
The Adventuring TeddyBear 🧸 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Continuing the 48 (Pt 5.); Mount Moosilauke (4,817')

Continuing the 48 (Pt 4.); Mount Carrigain (4,683')

Staying Local; Wachusett Mountain (2,006')